Can I change the name of my repository?
There is no built-in mechanism in Subversion for renaming a repository.
Naming standards for repositories
We add a prefix to repository names to prevent duplicates. If you sign up with a company named Software Solutions and request a repository named Projects, we will create the repository softwaresolutions_projects.
If there is no company name, we fall back on a combination of the first and family name.
Changing the name of a repository
There is no easy way to just rename a repository like you would do with a folder on your computer. However, if you really want to change the name of a repository we can. We will create a new repository with the desired name and migrate the contents of your old repository into the newly created one.
Please bear in mind this is a paid service, which will be charged separately from your plan. We hold on to our naming standards with the company name prefix in the repository name, even when requesting a repository name change.
Still have questions?
If you have any questions, please contact our helpdesk.
More questions in this section
- How do I connect to my repository?
- When do I get access to my repository?
- Resolving “Failed to get lock on destination repos” in svnsync
- Where is my data stored and processed?
- How do I make an export (local backup) of my repository?
- Do you keep and maintain backups?
- How do I downgrade my SVN hosting package?
- Can I change the name of my repository?
- What are your terms and conditions?
- How reliable is your network?
- How safe is my code with you?
- Can I import my existing SVN repository into my new account?
- Can I manage my repositories and users online?
- How do I upgrade my SVN hosting package?
- I have lost my password or account data!