Your privacy is of great importance to us
During data processing, we conform to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means that we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
SlikSVN is a trademark of Slik Developer Tools BV. Slik Developer Tools BV is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain which personal data we collect on our website www.sliksvn.com and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
Via SlikSVN you can purchase a paid subscription.
For this purpose, we use your payment details, email address, name and address details, invoice address and IP address. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We may pass your name and email address to our payment provider. We store this information until you cancel your subscription and seven years thereafter (the Dutch legal retention period).
You can use our contact form to ask or questions or make any request.
For this purpose, we use your email address and name and address details. We have a legitimate interest in doing this. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response and six months thereafter. This way we can easily access the information in case you have any following questions and train our customer service to improve even more.
We have a newsletter to inform those interested of our products and/or services. Each newsletter contains a link with which to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
Your e-mail address is automatically added to the list of subscribers when you order, unless you object to this. We store this information for one month after you cancelled your subscription.
Handling your order
We will use your personal data when handling your order. We may share your data with cloud services to have your order delivered. We may also obtain information on your payment from your bank or credit card company.
For this purpose, we use your invoice address, email address and name and address details. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information until your order has been completed and seven years thereafter (the legal retention period).
Access to portal
Within our portal, you can access a management environment where you can set, specify and change settings.
For this purpose, we use your email address, IP address and name and address details. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information for three months after our services to you have ended.
Other than advertisements on the website, we can inform you about new products or services:
- by e-mail
- via social media
You can object at all times against this promotional communication. Every e-mail contains a cancellation link. On social media, you can block us or use the cancellation option.
We will not publish your customer data.
Providing Data to Third Parties
We may provide your data to our partners. These partners are involved in the execution of our agreements.
These partners can potentially receive your personal data. This is necessary in order for our website to work properly and to be able to deliver your service.
We ensure that repository data (usernames, hashed passwords, uploaded content) is stored in the European Union only.
We work with the following parties:
- Google: places cookies for statistics, cloud storage of documents
- HotJar: places cookies for website optimization and visitor analysis
- MailChimp: keeps names and e-mail addresses for newsletter delivery
- Paypal: handles payment requests
- Intermax BV, The Netherlands: cloud storage for repositories and databases
- Tilaa BV, The Netherlands: cloud storage for repositories and databases
We keep statistics and log files (including usernames and IP addresses) to monitor the use of our website and services and combat abuse. We remove this data after one year.
We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use the website. We accepted the data processing agreement from Google. We don’t allow Google to use information obtained by Analytics for other Google services. We let Google anonymize the IP addresses. Google will remove this data after a 14 months period.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- Access to personal data requires the use of a username and password
- After receipt, the data will be stored in a separate system
- We take physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored
- We make use of secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data and sending/retrieving your content
- We ensure that repository data (usernames, hashed passwords, uploaded content) is stored in the European Union only
- Offsite backups are stored in the European Union only and are encrypted at rest
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and Modification of your Data
You have the following rights:
- Being informed on which personal data we have and what we are using it for;
- Inspection of the personal data that we keep from you;
- Having incorrect data corrected;
- Request to delete outdated personal data;
- Revoke your consent;
- Object to certain uses.
Please remember to always make clear who you are, so that we can assure that we do not modify or remove the data from the wrong person.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Slik Developer Tools BV
Stationsplein 45 D1.150
3013 AK Rotterdam
+31 10 2827804